Collected Work : A-live Dharma work in Continuity
Her Eminence Lama Tara Tulku Drimed Drolkhar Rinpoche
GENTLE RAIN OF NECTAR BLESSINGS
WOMEN OF WISDOM
TRIBUTE TO AYU KHANDRO –
Tsewang Dorje Paldron 1839 – 1953
Homage to White Arya Tara and
to Wisdom Dakini Siamukha,
secret form of Guru Rinpoche
In the dream on May 22, 2003 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche (1) asked me during the dance : „Please, remember what happened in 1839…“ I answered : „I can not remember, because I am too tired…“ And I woke up from the dance in the dream. (2003 was the 50th Anniversary of Ayu Khandro.) Looking in all Dharma books for a long time I could only find something in the Hidden Treasures of Tibet (2) and wrote down a note :1839 was three years before the birth of Adzom Drukpa, previous incarnation of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche… The meaning of the year 1839 was hidden to me for next five years, until March 10, 2008.
Around midnight I began to read the book Women of wisdom prepared by Tsultrim Allione in 1984. It was one of first Dharma books in English that I had ; it was sent to me from the Tibet Institute in Rikon, Swiss in July 1988. Through this Dharma book I learned about Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche`s teachings of Dzogchen in Italy. In company of Buddhists from Austria I arrived to Merigar Dzogchen community in June 1989 just before Rinpoche left for his world Teaching tour. He gave to me and to Tina Lang all transmissions of Dzogchen collective practice and the lung of Garuda practice. At that occasion I offered to Rinpoche very precious gift, which is around 2000 years old. I started with diligent practice, study and reflection of Dzogchen Teachings.
Almost 20 years later, now in March 2008, around midnight I was wandering : Which biography from the Women of wisdom should I read ? The last biography in the book is that of Ayu Khandro. She was legendary, but not enough known female wisdom master, whom Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche meet when he was around 16 years old and she was 113. Reading the life story of Ayu Khandro which Rinpoche wrote down, factualy and precisely as only he knows and as Ayu Khandro told him :
„I was born in the Fourteenth Rabjung in the year of Earth Boar, 1839, during the winter, on the day of the Dakini. The Togden who lived on nearby mountain, Togden Rangrig, was at our house when I was born. He named me Dechen Khandro, which means great bliss Dakini. Some people also reported some auspicious signs on the day of my birth.“
When I was reading 1839 , flash of heat almost stroke me, as a hedewa or shock! Read again : 1839. I could not beleive, that this date was published in the Dharma book, that was always so close to my heart. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche writes near the end of the biography of Ayu Khandro about his dream in 1952 : „I had a dream while I was there of a brilliant crystal stupa which appeared to be pushed toward the West. Slowly it dissapeared in space and at that moment I heard a voice saying : This is tomb of Dorje Paldron.“
Isn´t it beautiful that Dorje Paldron´s brilliant crystal stupa dissapeared in space toward the West ? Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche felt sad and empty inside at that time, but as Thinley Norbu Rinpoche said: Thus the Buddha´s Doctrine rose like the sun, spreading from East to the West.
E MA HO * Now the supreme Atiyoga teachings are transmitted from the West back to the East and all around the world through internet! How wonderful. In this year 2008 is 55th Anniversary of death of Ayu Khandro. During her 115 years of life in Tibet she was not enough appreciated. When I write this Dharma speech she was in samadhi meditation 55 years before, accomplishing Rainbow body, like so many almost unknown Dzogchen practitioners of her time.
For me Ayu Khandro was the emanation of White Tara. She received Her Dharma name Tsewang Paldron from her Guru Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo during White Tara initiation. With devotion I prostrate to her Lotus feet and pray : May we always touch our foreheads as a sign of great respect, transmitting complete oneness of body, speech , wisdom mind and blessing continuous. (3)
March 10, 2008
Related 40 Visual Dharmas on www.YouTube.com/OpenBuddhistForum
Related Alive Dharma Teaching : Traces of previous lives
(c) Buddha Dharma – OBF International
Serving, upholding and protecting the Teachings of Buddhas
Selected Visual Dharmas- Buddhist teaching for third millenium
1. Women in Buddhism
2. Prayer of Kyabje Thinley Norbu Rinpoche,
written on the Dakini day – Anniversary of Ayu Khandro in March 2000
3. Nyingma Vajrayana Buddhism
4. Twenty-one Verses in Praise to Tara
SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY ON WOMEN OF WISDOM :
1.Sky Dancer : The secret life and songs of the lady Yeshe Tshogyal (8th century);
translated from Tibetan by Keith Dowman, foreword by Thinley Norbu Rinpoche;
Routledge & Kegan , 1984 ; written by Nu-den Dorje, (born 1655).
2.Dakini Teachings : Padmasambhava´s oral instructions to lady Tshogyal, recorded and concealed by Yeshe Tshogyal, revealed by Nyang Ral Nyima Öser & Sangye Lingpa; translated from Tibetan by Erik Pema Kunsang, Shambhala Publ., USA, 1990.
3. Tsultrim Allione : Women of wisdom, foreward by Chögyam Trungpa, Arcana, 1986.
4. Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche: Magic Dance, Jewel Publishing, 1984 ; Gypsy Gossip , Chapter: Qualities of women; published in Crystal Mirror IV, Dharma Publishing, USA
5. H.E.Tai Situ Rinpoche : Women in Buddhism, Hamburg, Germany 1986, audio recording.
6. H.E. Lama Tara Tulku Drimed Drolkhar Rinpoche: Collected work : Gentle Rain of Nectar Blessings, A-live Dharma work in Continuity, Vajra-Garuda e-publications of Buddha Dharma
1. Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche is founder of international Dzogchen community and incarnation of Adzom Drukpa .
2. Tulku Thondup Rinpoche : Hidden Teachings of Tibet – An explanation of the Terma tradition of the Nyingma School of Buddhism Wisdom Publications, UK, 1986.
3. In Wikipedia it is wrongly written that Ayu Khandro has incarnation. This term : incarnation – is wrong. Accomplished masters like Ayu Khandro Tsewang Paldron – who realised the Rainbow body – don´t have incarnations or reincarnations. They have emanations , one or more, i. e. like there are five emanations of Khyentse Wangpo , that of Body, Speech, Mind, Qualities and enlightened Activities, related with the mantra OM AH HUM SVA HA.
4. I left this Alive Dharma Teaching unpublished for another year – till March 19, 2009 commemorating 56th anniversary of Ayu Khandro, which is the Dakini day in first special month (Bumjur Dawa- month of mirracles) according to the lunar calendar.
5. This Dharma treatise was sent to Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche in Dezember 2008 (to his private email address). I explained to Rinpoche my wish to prepare and publish Visual Dharma Tribute to Ayu Khandro, based on this teaching , asking him for the copies of works that he received from Ayu Khandro around 1951 in East Tibet while also receiving Vajrayogini initiation and other important Dzogchen teachings. If possible I wish to include this photos in planned Visual Dharma. Rinpoche kindly sent this reply : Dear Tara Tulku,
Thanks for your E’mail info and greetings.
I am happy to hear that you are doing well.
Here we all are very well. I have some thing of Ayu Khadro, they all are in
Italy, I will not be at Merigar till in the fall of next year. Drathalgyur tantra not yet exist in English. I hope every thing goes well with you. Happy New year also for you. Many Tashi Delegs NN,
„The best of all gifts is the Gift of Truth.“
D h a m m a p a d a
Copyright notice :
All rights reserved. Written permission to copy Dharma Texts of H.E. Tara Tulku Drimed Drolkhar Rinpoche -who is continuing the teachings of Ayu Khandro Dorje Paldron (Tibet 1839-1953) in the Atiyoga essence lineage of Nyingma Vajrayana Buddhism- can be granted, provided that reprint is for free distribution (serving the Teachings of Buddhas) and that such reprints are not sold as merchandise. The Author´s copyright notice must appear, along with the title of the Dharma Text or publication and related data. Notice must be given, that reprint is by permission of the Author. For written permission to reprint write to the Vajra-Garuda e-Publications . BuddhaDharma.OBFInternational@gmail.com
Anniversary of Ayu Khandro , on the Dakini day , March 19, 2009. Bumjur Dawa, Earth ox year